Friday, November 22, 2013

Steph I.



After many years of struggling to begin a family, I finally became pregnant with twins in the beginning of 2013. At the time, I had only been Crossfitting for 4 months. I loved this new found type of exercise and did not want to give it up, but also wanted to be cautious considering all I had gone through to get pregnant. I told Aimee early on that I was expecting twins and she shared with me how she and many others had continued to Crossfit throughout their pregnancy. In the beginning, I switched from going to regular classes and did private sessions with Aimee where she taught me how I could modify any WOD. During my sessions with Aimee she had given me the confidence to continue to participate in the regular classes and really taught me to listen to my body. Even if she was not teaching the class I was going to she always made herself readily available to answer any questions about modifications and even the many pregnancy questions I had along the way.

There can be higher risks with twin pregnancy but I was lucky to have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy. I continued to Crossfit until my 36th week of pregnancy. I felt great, remained healthy and carried my daughters over 38 weeks. I truly believe I had such a great pregnancy due to Crossfit and Aimee's guidance throughout! Thank you, Aimee!


Caitlin and Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. These kind of courses are very important to the society that we live in if these kind of courses were start before the situation was much batter

    Gynecology instruments
    Orthopedic instruments

    ReplyDelete